Thursday, August 20, 2009

Late Summer 2008 Drawings

These are some drawings from the later half of the summer of 2008, after I returned from California.

Early ideas of space whales, playing mostly with blue and sperm whales since they are both archetypical and huge!


This is a drawing Max and I did during that summer. I think the picture pretty much explains it all. Hippy in a space suit (with a patch because he reduces, reuses, and recyles, man) tethered to an interstellar VW Bus with a zero-g vacuum bong, spreading good will and good times to a grandfatherly ringed planet. Peace on groovy space brother!


I spent a lot of my down time (recovering from work or tripping) by watching Wonder Showzen and smoking my neighbor's 'Killer Bud'. This is one of the heavier night's products.



Max and I had a conversation at Jopi's protocol palace of what the song 'Diesel' by Orange Goblin conjured in our minds. Mine was the devil (looking like a Hell's Angel), riding a motorcycle made of Christ's cross and fueled by the souls of the damned. We also decided that old school heavy metal should be about 3 things: Riding Fast, Living Hard, and Satan.


That's it for now, I am gradually getting more art scanned in along with the stories behind them!

No comments:

Post a Comment