Friday, August 21, 2009

The Dopesmoked Wizard


This drawing was produced after a sleepless night coming down off of mushrooms. I spent a lot of time thinking about my future and the coming indeterminacies such as grad school and the GRE, applying for lab jobs, leaving my work at the morgue, and coming out of a very intense relationship. A lot of things came together in this drawing, especially the wizard, sleepy from smoking 'wizard weed' and weary of the psychedelic visions. There were a lot of simple fractals in this drawing as well, which have strong correlations with my experiences on psychedelics. It is pretty evident I was listening to Electric Wizard's Dopethrone.


Detail of the wizard himself. His robes have the cosmos in them, his hat patch supports legalization. Wizards are among the top demographic for developing glaucoma, studying dusty tomes by candlelight and being around alchemical equipment.


This is the Bong Necromancer, who also lights up an unholy joint, rolled with the ashes of ancient lich kings. Based on the same pose as the Wizard, I tried to make him more menacing without overdoing it. My note in the corner is 'Bong Necromancer - enemy or ally to the Dopesmoked Wizard?' I still haven't decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment